A classic car restoration forum for folks that like to show off their car skills (Ford, Chevy, Mopar, AMC). Trucks, vans & bikes (even ricers) are also welcome here.
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some of the stable, past and present....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sprintcar17m

PostSubject: Some of the stable, past and present....   Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Just to make sure other types of rides feel welcome, I wanted to show some of the cars I've owned in the
past, and some I have now. A wide variety. Seems I like to explore all the avenues Very Happy

This is a 69 Roadrunner I campaigned from 1983 till 1997. Alot of fun bracket racing a big ol Mopar
and going mid 9's to boot. 500ci alcohol inj big block helped with that Twisted Evil Car was sold in
1998 and got totalled on it's way to the new owner in Texas. Some guy in Tenn. called me months
after the accident and told me he purchased it at auction from the insurance company and fixed it
up. Anybody have any more info on this car (Coyote's Delight) and if it's still alive let me know!

Raced sprints up in PA at Lincoln speedway and Williams Grove among some other tracks. This is one of
many, many sprints I owned from 1998 till 2005. I think one year we wrecked 7 cars. Never have I had
so much fun behind the wheel though Cool Expensive hobby, but worth every penny! A busted up neck, and expenses
ended that fun. But I'm seriously thinking of getting back in.

2005 Ironhorse Slammer. I get on this on summer weekends to keep my sanity Wink 111 inch S & S motor and
a baker six speed make sure it has enough go go to keep it interesting. A little dangerous, but not so bad compared to
my next ride.....

Maya only has one horsepower, but her brakes are suspect, handling is archaic and her throttle tends to
stick wide F&&*kin open at the worst possible times Shocked

I have more, but this I hope this encourages others to show their rides. More to come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torinocator

PostSubject: Re: Some of the stable, past and present....   Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:31 pm

No kidding about the stable. Laughing

Nice stuff, man.

My dad's sister lives in Burlington, NC. Sox & Martin had their shop out in Alamance, IIRC, and my uncle took us to see the shop back in the 70's. I was too young to know who Ronnie Sox was back then but I remember the red, white & blue 'Cuda inside.

I don't think we took a camera but I wish we had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.torinocator.truvistaspace.com/
sprintcar17m

PostSubject: Re: Some of the stable, past and present....   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Torinocator wrote:
No kidding about the stable. Laughing

Nice stuff, man.

My dad's sister lives in Burlington, NC. Sox & Martin had their shop out in Alamance, IIRC, and my uncle took us to see the shop back in the 70's. I was too young to know who Ronnie Sox was back then but I remember the red, white & blue 'Cuda inside.

I don't think we took a camera but I wish we had.

Funny you should bring up Ronnie Sox. The fellow who helped with the suspension on the big bird was a guy
named Chic Denino. He was crew chief on the Sox and Martin cars in the early/mid 70's. I met Ronnie
several times and it was fun to listen to his bench racing stories. Ronnie butt away just recently and
will be missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mtdewcowboy

PostSubject: Re: Some of the stable, past and present....   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:17 pm

I can believe the horse stuff
They always run when you don't want them to & stop when you want to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of the stable, past and present....   

Back to top Go down

Some of the stable, past and present....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1